The postseason is in full swing but as they progress the Class C rankings saw a shakeup at top as the Sartell Muskies climbed to the top spot.
The Sobieski Skis went down the slope from the top of the rankings to No. 5 while the Raymond Rockets slid into the No. 2 spot and the Fort Ripley Rebels moved down a slot. The Hutchinson Huskies climbed up a spot while the Waterville Indians staye put at No. 6. The Lamberton Long Sox rose from No. 9 to No. 7 while the Green Isle Irish sank to No. 8. The Plato Blue Jays were on the move up to No. 9 and the Elrosa Saints cracked the top 10, sending the Faribault Lakers from the rankings.
Records and information may differ slightly due to when the rankings were submitted. For up-to-date records and information, visit mnbaseball.org
Tom Elliott - St. Cloud
1. Raymond Rockets -- I'm sticking with the defending state champs, who have a huge Region 11C winners' bracket game at noon Saturday in Granite Falls against the Watkins Clippers.
2. Sartell Muskies -- The Muskies cruised into Region 1C, where they will be the team to beat. They play North Branch at 11 a.m. Saturday in Hinckley.
3. Waterville Indians -- The Indians are 3-1 since the last poll, with only a 10-6 loss to Class B power Miesville. They've won their league title and play Minnesota Lake in regional play.
4. Sobieski Skis -- The Skis lost to Avon 8-3 in the Region 8C tournament and play an elimination game against St. Stephen at 11 a.m. Saturday in Avon. A win secures a state berth.
5. Fort Ripley Rebels -- Like Sobieski, Fort Ripley fell in the Region 8C playoffs, falling to Buckman 7-6 in 11 innings. Fort Ripley plays Nisswa in an elimination game at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in Avon. A win secures a state berth.
5. Hutchinson Huskies -- Hutchinson opened Region 12C play with a 4-1 win over the Cokato Kernels.
6. Plato Blue Jays -- Plato has won 4 in a row including a 3-0 victory over Green Isle. They face Watertown at 10 a.m. Saturday in Region 7C at New Germany.
7. Jordan Brewers -- The Brewers have won eight in a row and should be a serious state tournament contender.
8. Morris Eagles -- Two more wins over Ortonville and Hancock since the last poll heading into regionals.
9. Elrosa Saints -- Elrosa is one of the teams to beat in what should be an entertaining Region 15C tournament in New Munich and Farming. The Saints lost to New Munich and are the second seed from the Stearns county North. They open with a very good Regal squad.
10. Watkins Clippers -- The Clippers have proven to be the best team in the Central Valley League after a bit of a slow start. They're good enough to beat anybody in Region 11C.
Jason Kuerschner - Hollander
1. Sartell Muskies – 23-4 on 12 game winning streak to end the season and the #1 seed out of the Sauk Valley league into Region 1. The Muskies are a veteran team playing their best ball at the right time of the year.
2. Fort Ripley Rebels – 19-1, lost their first game of the season to a tough Buckman Billygoats team, and now are on a do or die game with inter-league rival Nisswa. Loser is fishing until next season.
3. Hutchinson Huskies – 24-7, yes they have dropped 4 straight to end their regular season but 3 of these were non-league tune ups for playoffs. Took game 1 of the Region 12 tournament, and are looking to qualify for the state tourney this Saturday.
4. Waterville Indians – 22-3, going into the Region 4 Tourney as the Top seed out of the 13/60 league.
5. Raymond Rockets – 22-7, continuing to play well and are currently in the winners bracket of the region 11 tournament. Eyes are on them to see if they can be the first champion in a long while to repeat.
6. Elrosa Saints – 20-8 and coming into the Region 15 tourney as the No. 1 seed, they are looking to repeat as Region Champs and advance further into the state tourney this year.
7. Lamberton Long Sox – 22-4 have qualified for the Region 2 tourney and looking to outpace the rest of the region in their round robin style playoff.
8. Wanamingo Jacks – 20-5 and the No. 1 seed in Region 5, need two more wins to return to the state tourney.
9. Union Hill Bulldogs – 20-10, have qualified for the State Tourney out of Region 3 by defeating St. Patrick and league leader Faribault, playing well at the right time of the year.
10.Fergus Falls Hurricanes – 16-6 alive and playing well in Region 16 and looking to punch their ticket to the state tourney.
Honorable Mention: Morris Eagles, Faribault Lakers, Kimball Express, Mora Blue Devils, Plato Blue Jays and Waconia Lakers
Trent Sukalski - Jackson
1. Sartell Muskies
2. Hutchinson Huskies
3. Raymond Rockets
4. Lamberton Long Sox
5. Waterville Indians
6. Sobieski Skis
7. Fort Ripley Rebels
8. Fairmont Martins
9. Watkins Clippers
10. Milroy Irish
Aaron Worm - New Prague
1. Green Isle Irish
2. Sobieski Skis
3. Fort Ripley Rebels
4. Sartell Muskies
5. Raymond Rockets
6. Hampton Cardinals
7. Plato Blue Jays
8. Jordan Brewers
9. Kimball Express
10. Fergus Falls Hurricanes
CLASS C RANKINGS (as of Aug. 9)
Tiebreaker went to the team with the highest single vote
1. Sartell Muskies (36)
2. Raymond Rockets (30)
3. Fort Ripley Rebels (27)
4. Hutchinson Huskies (23)
5. Sobieski Skis (21)
6. Waterville Indians (21)
7. Lamberton Long Sox (11)
8. Green Isle Irish (10)
9. Plato Blue Jays (9)
10. Elrosa Saints (9)Also receiving votes: Jordan Brewers (2), Fergus Falls Hurricanes (2), Hampton Cardinals (1), Kimball Express (1), Wanamingo Jacks (1), Union Hill Bulldogs (1), Morris Eagles (1), Watkins Clippers (1), Fairmont Martins (1), Milroy Irish (1).