MBA Rule Book Changes 2020
Posted on Jan 02, 2020
Page 9, Article 1-Membership - B. The annual dues of the MBA shall be determined by the Board of Directors each year. Said dues shall be payable on or before April 1st of the current year to the Secretary-Treasurer of the MBA. Dues: League - $100, Team - $20
C. (Acknowledgement of Constitution and By-laws of the MBA) Form ACBL. A signed copy of this acknowledgement by each teams coach, manager, board member or director must be returned to their league secretary before they play their first game. League Secretary to submit all acknowledgements to State Secretary by April 1st. (Penalty for not complying - Team may be suspended from post season play).
D. All teams participating in the MBA Program are responsible for adequate accident insurance and ambulance service for players on their team. MBA does not assume any financial liability for injuries to anyone during the state program.
Current D becomes E. Current E becomes F and current F becomes G.
Page 12/13, Article 9 - Player Eligibility B1, B2 New, B3 New, B4 New, B5 New 1. Class “A” Player Pool Geographical Boundaries; 494 to 694 Loop
2. Class B and Class C Geographical Boundaries are everything outside the Class A Boundaries and inside the State of Minnesota.
3. All New Teams with Municipal Boundaries on Both Sides of Class A and Class B-C Boundaries shall be classified by the State Board.
4. Class A Teams cannot go outside their Boundaries to obtain players without Board approval.
5. Class B and Class C Teams are not allowed to go into Class A Boundaries to obtain players.
Page 13, Article 9 - Player Eligibility C Delete current C1 New C1 A married ballplayer, whether or not playing college baseball, shall have only one address. That address is where he and his spouse reside.
Page 17, Article 12 Protests and Appeals E1 Change E - 1. In addition to the provisions in this Article providing for protests and appeals, the Board of Directors of the MBA reserve the right to consider, resolve and sanction in any manner that they feel is in the best interest of baseball.
Page 18, Article 13 – Illegal Participation E Delete - Player is also required to get a release.
Page 20 Article 14 – Classification of Leagues and Teams 1, D 2 & D3, E, G New, H New, I New 1. The population point system is based on the selection of said team in either using their city/township of they may use their school district population. One point will be assigned per one thousand per township or per one thousand people for their city or school district. This number will be assigned to each team.
2. D2 Add Success
3. E change to 2020
4. G New Points are calculated on a team’s entire roster. Once a player is on a team’s actual roster their points count on team totals. March 15 - April 15, teams may delete players, otherwise the points will be added for the season.
5. H-New Player points follow the Hometown Rule Player.
6. I-New Class B teams that wish to be reclassified to Class C must play two consecutive years under the criteria points required for Class C. They may then petition the Board for reclassification. Teams that are playing in Class B because they have college players using their college address, yet still have criteria points under the Class C required limit, must play at least two consecutive years without college players using college addresses to be able to petition to Class C.
Page 24, Article 18 Duties of Region/Section Commissioner M. Delete - All teams participating in Regional/Sectional play must return signed receipt to the Secretary of the MBA by October 1.
Page 26 Article 20 Special Regional and Sectional Player Rules B. Add the following: Only team receiving forfeit may count the game as eligibility for post season play.
Page 28 Article 21 Rules for State Tournament Q. Add the following: Drafted players may only pitch in these games.
Page 28 Article 22 State Tournament Hosting C. Add the following: 2023 will be treated as an exception.
Page 30 Proper Player And Team Conduct at State Tournament
1. Arrival at Tournament Site. Delete the following:
1st game 2 1/2 hours prior to game time
2nd game 2 hours prior to game time