Posted on July 17, 2012 by CJ Siewert
Here are a few notes from the July 14 MBA Board meeting held at the St. Cloud Holiday Inn.
The full minutes will be posted as soon as they become available.
- All Pro Player Questionnaires were approved
- Umpires were selected for the State tournament. There were 54 applicants
- CORRECTION: Class C postseason drafting will be up to each region. Three players from the region can be drafted for the State tournament. It is up to each region if it wants to draft one after division playoffs and two after regions - OR - two after division playoffs and one after regions - OR - all three after division and none after regions - OR - none after division and all three after regions.
- Bryce Rippentrop of the New Market Muskies (Dakota Rice Scott League) suspended 12 months for breaking residency rule. New Market ineligible for playoffs and roster is frozen (no players can be released or sign with another team, nor can they be drafted for playoffs). Rippentrop was the Muskies top hitter with a .403 average (29-72) in 20 games. He also led the team with 15 stolen bases and was third on the squad with 20 RBI. On the mound, the Hector native was an ace on the staff with a 1.16 ERA. He posted a 5-0 record with three complete games and a 64:13 strikeout-to-walk ratio. New Market is 21-5 with two games left and was leading the DRS before declared ineligible.
- Bryce Brahaum and Ryan Keeton of the Blaine Fusion (Metro Minny) suspended 12 months for breaking residency rule. Blaine ineligible for playoffs and roster is frozen (no players can be released or sign with another team, nor can they be drafted for playoffs). Brahaum appeared in five games for the Fusion as a pitcher. He posted two victories with a 4.20 ERA in 15 innings. Keeton played in eight games. He batted .312 (10-32) with two RBI and two walks. Blaine is 29-5 and was leading the Metro Minny with a 12-2 record before declared ineligible