Posted on January 12, 2013 by CJ Siewert
If you didn't follow the MBA Twitter feed during the Board meeting today, here's a quick snapshot of what happened.
- Everything is on schedule with preparing for the State tournament in Maple Lake/Delano
- Fox Lake will move to Truman as its new home field/player radius. Current roster will be grandfathered in (pending league approval)
- Sartell Stone Ponies reinstated for the 2013 season
- New Market Muskies and Bryce Rippentropp reinstated for the 2013 season
- Hamel reinstated for the 2013 season
- Owatonna and Waseca were accepted into Twin Rivers League
- New team in Austin joining Twin Rivers
- Mankato Mets reclassified as Class B, Mankato Kubs folded
- Austin, Marshall, Moorhead and Victoria will host the 2013 Class B Super Sections (2 games Friday, 3 games Saturday)
- Sections: will be played out completely, try to be completed by Saturday prior to Super Sections
- 2013 State tournament format will remain the same as 2012 (Class C: 48-team single elimination, Class B: 8-team double elimination)
- Handbook new rule: Class A teams may not go outside the 494/694 loop to obtain players, conversely, Class B and C teams may not go inside the 494/694 loop to obtain players
The complete meeting minutes will be posted on Monday.