By Nick Gerhardt
This round of rankings left New Market and Sartell in a dead heat for the top spot in Class C. Both teams garnered 36 points though Sartell drew two first-place votes. New Market claimed the No. 1 spot in the previous poll and had all four first-place votes but after a couple of losses, it gave previously No. 2-ranked Sartell an opportunity to share the No. 1 spot.
Jordan stayed put at the No. 3 spot but Delano rocketed into the top 10 at the No. 4 spot behind an 19-2 run and North Star League championship.
Buckman remained at No. 5 in this poll, though one pollster thinks the Billygoats should be higher. Young America dipped to No. 6 and New London-Spicer dropped to No. 7. Meanwhile Watkins moved down to No. 8 while Bird Island climbed into the top 10 at No. 9. Waterville, behind its 25-1 record, moved into the No. 10 spot. The Indians haven't lost since dropping their season-opening game to Class B Northfield.
Aaron Worm — New Prague
1. Buckman Billygoats — The Goats have won 10 in a row, including a win against now Class B team, Sobieski
2. New Market Muskies — The Fish have lost a couple of 2-1 games since the last poll, But are still 19-2 in the DRS and have clinched the regular season title
3. Sartell Muskies — Looking at their Twitter feed all I see is “W’s” for the Northern Fish
4. Jordan Brewers — Couple losses in the last couple weeks both coming against Class B teams. The Brewers have clinched the top spot out of the RVL for the Region 6C tournament
5. Young America Cardinals — Cards are 12-5 in the Crow tied with Carver for the best record in the league
6. Delano Athletics — I apologize for not having this team on my radar, they win the North Star League and are 19-2 overall
7. Watkins Clippers — Top team in the Central Valley League
8. Carver Black Sox — The Black Sox sit at 12-4 in one of the best leagues in the state
9. Bird Island Bullfrogs — Top team in the Corn Belt league, at 11-1, and when you have a cool nickname like the Bullfrogs, you get in the top 10
10. New Prague Orioles — The Orioles started the season 3-8 in league play, but they are a different team now, winning nine straight in the DRS, including a win against New Market.
Tom Elliott — St. Cloud
1. New Market Muskies 20-3, losses to Class B Forest Lake and a good New Prague team
2. Jordan Brewers, 22-5
3. Sartell Muskies 24-1, still solid hitting team with great pitching
4. New London-Spicer Twins 18-4
5. Delano Athletics 19-2
6. Waterville Indians 25-1 only loss is to Class B Northfield
7. Young America Cardinals 17-6
8. Bird Island Bullfrogs 16-1-2
9. Luverne Redbirds 15-3
10. Stewartville-Racine Sharks 18-2
Honorable mention: Buckman Billygoats, Plato Blue Jays, Windom Pirates, Brownton Bruins, Avon Lakers, Watkins Clippers, New Ulm Brewers, Isanti Redbirds, Hutchinson Huskies, Wannamingo Jacks, Foley Lumberjacks, Meire Grove Grovers, Raymond Rockets, Fairmont Martins, St. Patick Irish
Jason Kuerschner — Cologne